Main Image

Main Image

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Completed My First Half Marathon!

So after a bout of the dreaded flu, I managed to complete my first half marathon on Sunday!
To say I am pleased is an understatement! The Adidas Silverstone half marathon is an amazing event, with 7,000 runners taking on the 13.2 miles around the iconic Silverstone race circuit.


Having missed my last 10 days of training, due to flu, I wasn't feeling that confident as I lined up at the start line on racing circuits starting grid. 
But 2 hours and 22 mins later I jubilantly crossed the finish line. Ecstatic that I completed the 13.2 miles in under 2.5 hours (which was my target time).
The support from all the other runners and the large crowds of spectators really helped me.
A great event that I am proud to say that I completed. Plus it all helps with my training for Football to Amsterdam bike ride in June. I'm sure that running 13.2 miles will feel a lot easier than cycling the 145 miles from London to Amsterdam!



No comments:

Post a Comment