Main Image

Main Image

Monday 7 March 2016

Man Down With The Flu

Last week became a complete write off for everything after I caught the flu!
I've not felt so sick and unwell, like this, for many many years. Felt the first symptoms last Sunday evening and thought it was just maybe a cold or feeling a bit under the weather. By Tuesday I had the full range of the 'flu'!!



So three days in bed. Off work, no training, no energy, feeling very low!!



Now I understand that we all get unwell at times and I am kind of glad that if I had to get the flu I got it now, some three months before I depart on the London to Amsterdam bike ride.
But this coming Sunday I am running my first half marathon. So my final weeks training plans were totally disrupted and abandoned. I'll have to see how I feel this week and hopefully just try and get around the 13 miles next Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment