Main Image

Main Image

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Training Ride #16

I took advantage of the long Easter weekend, by planning a couple of rides. The first was on Good Friday which was defiantly the pick of the days for weather.
Early start as I was at the Sandbanks ferry at just after 9:00am in glorious spring sunshine.
Lots of cyclists were out early, as over 50 cyclists boarded the 9:15am ferry across to the Purbecks.
I was out on my mountain bike, looking to climb some hills and explore the epic landscape that the Purbecks offer.



Riding with my friend Alan, a man born and bred in Swanage who knows the Purbecks like the back of his hand, we headed out from the ferry heading through Worth Matravers, Kingston and Corfe Castle in a great loop that saw us climb and descend over 1,298 ft.

Total miles was 30.3 miles in 3hrs 20mins at an average speed of 9.1mph. 
A really enjoyable day, being back on my mountain bike getting muddy and exploring vast areas of natural beauty!

To view the ride on Strava please click the following link:

https://www.strava.com/activities/526336091/overview

No comments:

Post a Comment