Main Image

Main Image

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Off Bike Training - Hendy Ford Eastleigh 10K Run

As part of my training plan, I ran the Hendy Ford Eastleigh 10K race on Sunday. This is the 2nd year I have run this 10K event. It is very popular and run on closed roads. 
Starting at 9:00am on Sunday morning, the field of 3,000 runners set off following the timing car and a really nice bright red Ford Mustang, thanks to the sponsors of the race Hendy Ford.




Late last year I set myself three running targets...

  1. Run 5K in under 29 minutes
  2. Run 10K in under 60 minutes
  3. Run a half-marathon in under 2hrs and 30mins
Happily and proudly I achieved both the 5K and half-marathon targets...
  • Best 5K @ 28 mins and 24 secs
  • Best Half Marathon @ 2 hours and 22 mins
Leaving the last remaining target to be achieved as the 10K at sub 60 mins.

Frustratingly I clocked 1 hr and 8 secs!! So close!!!

But happy nonetheless 

Which brings to end my running endeavours for the short term, whilst I now focus on riding my bike more, now that the weather is improving and the evenings getting lighter.

You can read more about the Eastleigh 10k race on the Running Mania website 



No comments:

Post a Comment