Main Image

Main Image

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Small Injury Impacting Training Rides

Aside from training for the Prostate Cancer UK Football to Amsterdam bike ride in June, I also training for my first half marathon.
Now I'd entered the Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon late last year, before I got my place on the London to Amsterdam bike ride. Hence why I have been balancing my training miles both on and off of my bike.
My running training has gone well, with a training plan where I have been increasing my mileage gradually over the last few weeks.
With the event itself taking place on Sunday 13th March, I completed my longest training run so far of 10.2 miles on Saturday. 


It was a little tougher than I had imagined, but I completed it at a good pace and within my target time of just under 2 hours.
But the training run came at a cost, as my achilles became a little swollen and very tight throughout that afternoon and evening. So when I awoke on Sunday to go and do a 35 mile training ride on my bike, I had to quickly rethink and sadly cancel my training ride, as I couldn't take the chance of making the injury worse.
I took some advice from a friend, who advised a couple of days rest.
So my training diary looks a little lean this week. But hopefully I should be running tomorrow and then back on my bike at the weekend.

To read more about the Adidas Half Marathon around the famous racing circuit that is Silverstone, click the link below

https://www.adidashalfmarathon.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment