Main Image

Main Image

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Bike Serviced by Bike-Fixed.com Before Departure!

Last week my bike was expertly serviced by Bike-Fixed.com.
Very fortunately and generously for me, Bike-Fixed is a sponsor and kind supporter to me, for this charity ride. 
Providing this bike service as their sponsorship and support to the ride.


Bike Fixed the mobile bike mechanic servicing a Boardman road bike

Being a mobile mechanic, Dave arrived in his fully kitted professional workshop vehicle and began work on the full 35 point service of my bike.


The mobile workshop of Biked Fixed

The bike service was very thorough, with all aspects of the bike checked, tested and maintained. 


Expert mechanic Dave from Bike Fixed servicing a road bike

Overall the condition of the components on my bike was really good. No need to replace any worn cables or parts.


But there was one exception or finding that wasn't such good news! There was a big problem with my rear hub bearings. Dave kindly showed me the damage to the inside of the hub that had been caused by prolonged wear without suitable levels of grease in and around the inside of the hub bearings.
Sadly this would mean I needed either a new hub or a new rear wheel.



On a more positive note, I am now totally reassured that my bike is in the best condition mechanically for the ride. Plus discovering the rear wheel bearings damage now and fixing them, ensures that any issues that could have occurred on the ride have been elevated. 

A huge, massive thank you to Dave at Bike-fixed.com for the bike service and amazing support and guidance on all things bikes!

It is really appreciated and much valued for this epic charity ride. Thanks again. 

To find out more about Bike-Fixed.com and the many expert mobile mechanic services provided please visit their website by clicking the link below...




No comments:

Post a Comment