Main Image

Main Image

Friday 13 May 2016

New Shoes!

So after 18 months of ownership, I've worn out my first pair of road cycling shoes. 
Mainly due to the winter training miles I inflicted on them during the start of 2016!
They were a pair of dhb R1.0 shoes from Wiggle. Inexpensive and great value for money as my first pair of road shoes. Plus I have ridden over 1,200 miles in these shoes in mainly poor weather, so I feel I have got my monies worth from these shoes.
So I need a new pair of shoes, so began the research!

I decided to try a pair of Louis Garneau LS-100 carbon road shoes. Mainly due to the good reviews and great price.
The great price was limited to the yellow colour option, but nonetheless, I quite liked the look of this colour of shoe. 
Initially, I ordered a 1/2 size bigger than my normal size. These were still a little too snug for my feet and had to order the next size up.

On opening the box you can't help but notice that they are very yellow in colour. But I liked the colour. So fitted some new Shimano SPD-SL cleats and then went for a test ride!
The shoes are so lightweight (approx 235g). The fit and comfort are exceptional, especially the adjustability of the 'boa' lace system.
The carbon sole is not only lightweight but very stiff, so pedal efficiency is incredibly high. Both the sole and the toe box have great ventilation, so feet stay cool and don't overheat.
I'm really pleased with these new shoes and would recommend them highly.





The Carbon LS-100 Road Shoe by Louis Garneau combines power, comfort and an elite fit. An ultralight and rigid outsole provides better power transfer and ventilation, and the BOA L4 quick attach system offers a precise adjustment for a custom fit.



No comments:

Post a Comment