Main Image

Main Image

Thursday 12 May 2016

New Bar Tape & Gel Pads

My bar tape had become more than a little worn and discoloured. With a considerable amount tears and scuffs down one side after a crash in a training a few months ago. So at my bike service with Bike-Fixed I decided to get some new bar tape fitted. Swapping from the very colourful and original yellow bar tape to a more subdued and stylish black.

New black gel bar tape fitted to my Boardman road bike

During a chat with mobile bike mechanic Dave from Bike Fixed, I mentioned how I found on long rides my left hand going numb. And how when I ride my mountain bike, how much I miss the front suspension. As all the vibrations on a solid road fork is felt through my hands, wrists and arms.
He suggested that I could add some gel pads underneath the bar tape which would help with minimising the vibrations, as well as helping with the comfort on the bars, especially during long rides.
So after a little research, I purchased the Fizik gel pads and had them fitted.

Fizik gel bar pads
What a big difference the gel pads make to the comfort on my hands during rides. Plus I'm loving the new look and feel of my bike with the black bar tape replacing the yellow. Aesthetically it makes a huge difference in my view.







No comments:

Post a Comment