Main Image

Main Image

Friday 12 February 2016

Balancing Work & Training

Each week I plan a training schedule. Including time on the bike training with both shorter high intensive rides and longer endurance rides (trying to increase both stamina and time in the saddle). 
I also include my weekly game of 5 a side football for an hour every Tuesday. Plus I have to plan and complete some running time as I've entered my first half marathon in March!
So most weeks I manage to plan and complete the runs and the rides during the week and at weekends. Even in the wind and rain that deluged England during January and early February. 
But this week has been a bit more challenging as I have been away with work at an exhibition most of the week. Plus I am lucky enough to have tickets for The Who's 50th anniversary concert at Wembley this weekend.
So fitting training in this week has been a challenge, compromising by a few runs after work a little later in the evening and a planned ride on Sunday.
All this got me to thinking about how dedicated, organised and supportive people with families must be to balance a training schedule with family, work and training. I have a new found respect for anyone training for any endurance event, whether they are a cyclist, runner, hiker etc.







No comments:

Post a Comment