Main Image

Main Image

Monday 22 February 2016

Training Ride #12

After a very busy week I finally got time to fit in a training ride. I wanted to up my mileage, so I planned to ride over 35 miles.
The night before I spent some time on Google maps looking for a longer loop on a new route. 
So setting off in the morning, the weather was overcast and the wind was very blustery. The first 8 miles was tough into a strong headwind but this eased a little as the roads became a little more sheltered.
Passing Corfe Castle and heading through the Purbeck's the scenery was beautiful. Stopping for a little refuelling at Knoll Beach, after which I made it to the ferry at Sandbanks and had a good ride home on a longer route.
Overall really happy with miles that I put in my legs.

Total miles = 38
Riding time = 2h:50m:48s
Average speed = 13.4mph
Max speed = a scary 43.6mph (downhill with a tail wind!) 





No comments:

Post a Comment