Main Image

Main Image

Sunday 14 February 2016

Training Ride #11

The only training ride I had managed to fit into a busy week was today (Sunday). The weather was very good for a change, with bright sunshine, clear skies, a little wind and no rain.
I set off and planned to ride 30 miles.
Up to mile 22 everything was going well with some good climbs, high cadence and a good average speed. Unfortunately and frustratingly I had to cut short my ride as I experienced my first crash on my road bike.
Now I am not averse to 'offs' as I am a very keen and enthusiastic mountain bike rider. Over the many years I have been riding off road I've experienced my fair share of crashes!
The difference being, that when I crash off road I am wearing padding and also mainly fall into bushes or mud or something a little softer than road tarmac dressed only in lyrca!
I'll be writing a more serious and considered blog post on my thoughts and experience of this crash on my road bike soon.
But back to the training ride number 10. I managed just over 27 miles at an average speed of 14mph. With 659ft of climbing.



No comments:

Post a Comment