Main Image

Main Image

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Photos from Training Ride #28

As I am extremely lucky to live and ride in one of the most outstanding natural beauty areas in the UK, I thought I'd share a couple of pictures that I took during my training ride on Sunday 17th April 2016.

The first picture was taken on a high point in the Purbecks, on the road from Corfe Castle towards Studland. The picture shows Poole harbour.

View of Poole harbour taken from the Purbecks

The second picture was taken at a wonderful little cafe at Middle Beach in Studland. I'd stopped for a coffee by the sea and you can see Old Harry Rocks in the distance.

Photo of Old Harry Rocks taken from Middle beach cafe in the Purbecks

The third picture was again taken from the cafe at Middle Beach, but is looking along the coast towards Poole and across Studland beach.


Taken from Middle Beach cafe in Studland of Shell Bay and Poole

This fourth picture was taken as I awaited the ferry from Studland to Sandbanks. It shows islands in Poole harbour and the most famous of them, Brownsea Island.

National trust island in Poole harbour of Brownsea Island

The picture below shows the short crossing from Studland to Sandbanks, with the Haven Hotel and infamous millionaires row of houses to the left of the picture.

Sandbanks ferry of Haven Hotel and Sandbanks

Another picture I took from the ferry boarding point. This time, I am looking across to Bournemouth in the far distance.


Bournemouth bay and Haven Hotel in Sandbanks

My trusty bike after another great training ride. The ferry is always a popular crossing with cyclist and motorbikes, as we can jump the long queues of cars. Plus it is only £1 toll for cyclists!

Boardman bike at Sandbanks ferry





No comments:

Post a Comment