Main Image

Main Image

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Training Ride #24

My longest training ride to date, as this was the Wiggle New Forest Sportive. 
I rode the 'Standard' route, which was 66 miles. The weather was quite blustery to say the least, with strong winds particularly in the more exposed places across the New Forest.
Overall I was really pleased to ride 66 miles, spending 4 hours and 11 mins in the saddle. Especially as I gained the experience of riding with large groups of other riders.
My average speed was very pleasing at 15.7 mph and the New Forest had more hills than I'd imagined as I had over 1,658ft of elevation throughout the ride.
But the endurance and mileage of this long ride should help me in the War of Miles challenge with the AFC Bournemouth players!




You can view the full ride details on my Strava page by clicking the link below...

https://www.strava.com/activities/541242115


No comments:

Post a Comment